Ways to Give
Above. Beyond. Because
Join a special group of annual donors that give children and families the confidence of knowing that life-changing support is always near. With an annual commitment of $1,000 or more, you will enjoy membership benefits of the De Paul Society, including free parking at all our hospitals and exclusive luncheons about healthcare trends.
Sponsor one or more of the Ascension St. Vincent's Foundation’s fundraising events where all proceeds help provide struggling individuals with needed healthcare outreach programs, wellness education, and access to diagnostic and procedural technology. Sponsorship benefits also include tickets to the event(s) as well as branding opportunities.
Workplace Giving & Matching Gifts
Many companies provide a matching gift program that doubles the impact of their employees' philanthropic interests. Talk to your HR department to see if you can participate.
The number one way most donors make a legacy gift is through a bequest. You may make a bequest or gift to the Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation through your estate by including a provision in your will or living trust.
You may bequeath:
- specific dollar amount
- specific asset, such as stock or property
- percentage of your estate
- residue of your estate after payments to others
- proceeds from life insurance or retirement plans
- assets of a bank certificate of deposit or of mutual funds.
Planning Giving Gift Annuity
You can provide a gift of cash or marketable securities to the Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation. In exchange, charitable gift annuities provide a fixed rate of return to the donor or other beneficiaries during their life.
- Real Estate: A gift of real estate, such as your home, vacation property, ranch, or farm can be designated as a future gift, while you can retain the right to live there for during your lifetime.
- Life Insurance: You may contribute all or a portion of a new or existing life insurance policy, naming the Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation as owner and beneficiary. You would continue to make all premium payments which are tax deductible.
- Retirement Plan Assets: Retirement plans may be gifted to the Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation in several ways. These include Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), 401(K), 403(b), and defined contribution plans.
- Annual or Major Gifts: IRA Charitable Rollover provision allows for individuals who have reached age 70 1/2 to donate up to $100,000 to charitable organizations directly from their IRA without treating the distribution as taxable income.
- Planned Gifts: You can name the Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation as primary, successor or contingent beneficiary for all or part of the assets upon the death or retirement of the asset owner or spouse. You may also consider a testamentary charitable remainder trust with the assets upon the death of the asset owner, naming Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation as remainder beneficiary.