Our Past, Present & Future
Ascension St. Vincent’s was founded in 1916 when the Daughters of Charity came to Jacksonville at the request of Bishop James Michael Curley of St. Augustine. The four sisters who established our faith-based hospital responded to an intense need for better healthcare for those living in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas. For more than a century, our physicians, nurses and healthcare workers have dedicated their lives to providing quality, compassionate healthcare for those most in need.
Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation is a not-for-profit philanthropic organization that was established in 1982 to support the needs of our healthcare ministry. Our generous donors help us provide more than $6 million in annual financial assistance which is utilized to fund critical community outreach initiatives, capital improvements and cutting-edge medical technology across our Riverside, Southside and Clay campuses.
About Our Logo
Fashioned in the shape of the Trinity to symbolize Ascension’s Catholic tradition, with an “A” in the middle for Ascension
Green represents growth
Blue represents health
Purple represents compassion
The integration of the “A” with the Trinity symbol forever links the two symbols together and allows the organization to tell stories of commitment, compassion, and growth of our healthy community.